Marketplace offers you 5 different types of ads which you can select during ad posting or reposting. It is not possible to switch between different ad types while it is live. Available types are:
- Job – Offer
- Job – Wanted
In order to participate in any auction first you need to register an account. Once you have an account visit any auction and in the sidebar you will notice bidding box.
Bellow input for bid value you will see what is the minimum value you must place. Once the auction is finished and if you've won it you will receive confirmation mail.
List of all auctions in which you are or have been participated in is displayed on your profile under Auctions.
Step 1: Sign up/Registration
You need to register/sign up by providing a valid email address as well as a unique password.
Step 2: Email Verification
Please check the inbox or spam section of your email for an email from us. Kindly click the link in the email to verify your email as well as activating your account in the process. Contact us at email@example.com in case you have a problem with receiving a verification email.
Step 3: Completing Profile Settings
Click the settings button in the top left section and complete your profile information such as name, date of birth, phone number, gender, birthday, and description of yourself etc. Please note that it is IMPOSSIBLE to submit an advert when you have not set your phone number in the profile settings section.
Step 4: Submitting an Advert
You need to click the SUBMIT AD button on the top right side of your dashboard which will redirect and allow you to fill important details such as categories, description, pricing etc. Depending on the type of the advert you are placing, you may be required to upload an image or video which aid in boosting the reach of the advert to the clients.
Step 5: Confirmation of Phone Number and Address
In case you had forgotten to include your phone number during step 3, you will be compelled to input the information about your phone number and address of the advertisement you want to post.
Step 6: Agree to Terms and Conditions
Once you have fed all the details about the advertisement, the final step is to click the box denoted as I AGREE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Your advert is now live and visible to the clients and you can cross-check to see it in YOUR ADS section.
Step 1: Search for the Item on www.mchepu.com
You can also employ the use of filters to help you narrow down on the specifics of the item or service that you are looking out for.
Step 2: Contact the Seller
You have the option to chat directly on the website with the sellers or even pick their phone number and proceed to interact with them outside our system.
Step 3: Pick Your Item/Request for Delivery
Once you have gone through the first two steps and have done all the due diligence on the seller, you may organize to meet them at open public place to pick the item. Alternatively, you may arrange for the delivery of the items to a place of your convenience.
Step 4: Leave Feedback/Review
Your feedback and review of the seller/item is more than important in guiding other sellers and also helping us creating a conducive environment for engagements.
- Always meet the sellers in person. If possible meet the seller alongside a friend or arelative of yours just in case the unexpected happens
- Never make prepayments no matter how the lucrative deal is. There will always be betterdeals. Always try to exercise patience as much as you can. Remember, it is better toarrive late than not arriving at all.
- Conduct enough background check especially those looking for job offers. Never pay anupfront or registration fees. Never disclose delicate details such as bank details, MPESApin etc. Avoid going to very remote and insecure areas unless you are very sure you canhandle any eventualities.
- Use your gut feelings. If there is an inner feeling that a deal is fishy then you need to runaway from it as fast as yesterday.
- Mchepu does not charge its sellers a brokerage fee or even a commission so no oneshould compel you to pay any fees to them.
In order to retrieve phone number of the seller go to it's profile page or any of his ads and you will notice block with phone number.
If you wish to start messaging conversation with the seller first create an account. Once you have created your account navigate to any of his ads and you will notice button for sending message. List of you messages is available on your profile. There you have AJAX messaging system where you will be able to continue conversations.
Once an advert has been submitted, our dedicated team of customer care will carefully look at it against a set criterion and decide whether it goes live or if it is hibernated. In the event that it is approved, you will receive an email notifying you of the same. In the event that it is hibernated due to one reason or the other, you will also be notified. Approved ads are immediately visible to our huge and fast growing client base hence expect engagements from clients.
- Be precise and use few words especially in the title section will attract the attention of the targeted client
- Be reasonable and realistic in your pricing. Clients tend to go for items that are moderately priced. Don’t overcharge and don’t undercharge, always find a middle ground.
- Provide only accurate information in the details section. Avoid providing false information only meant to lure a client into a trap. The overall effect may be catastrophic on you because you may be reported or given negative reviews which might damage your reputation.
- Try to use a good camera to take real pictures of your products. Pictures from the internet or over-edited pictures may be appealing in the short run but may not guarantee sales.
- Ensure that you only provide the correct contact details which are accessible to you during most times. Most clients would hate to call a phone number only to go unpicked.
- Always indicate all the necessary information about you and your products so that clients can spend little time trying to guess the missing information. Most of our top sellers are people that are very descriptive in terms of personal and product profiles.
- Always endeavor to have good ratings which will go a long way in ensuring that you close more deals on our website.
If you feel that the ad is breaking some rules, you can report it directly from ad page by clicking on the Report button and writing detail reason. Ad will remain active until administrator checks it out.
- Stolen Items
- Items that are banned by the law and constitution
- Human body parts
- Multi-level marketing such as Aim Global Items
- Sex-based items such as dildos and pornographic services
- Copyrighted property belonging to other users
- Military items such as guns, gun powder and ammunition
- Prescription drugs
- Drugs of abuse such as heroin, cocaine etc
Your adverts will be active on our website until you hibernate or delete them or when the admin makes a decision to delete them.